“If you plan for a year, plant a seed. If for ten years, plant a tree. If for a hundred years, teach the people.” – Kuan Chung
District 6460, through its own Foundation, has provided local funding for our clubs’ Literacy projects since the mid 2000’s funded by our local fundraiser “Rotary Family Day at the Ballpark.” 2023 marked the 20th anniversary of that fundraiser which has sold over 43,000 tickets and raised over $580,000 for Literacy.
Clubs which participate by selling at least one ticket and/or by donating at least $10 from their members to the District Foundation Literacy Fund can apply for literacy grants. The grants are intended as seed money for new literacy projects that you might want to try within your community and should be considered as matching money, since our fundraiser can only go as far as we are able to raise money. The grant process is designed to be simple to do and final reporting after the project is over should be just to report to the Literacy Committee that the funds were spent on the project and help us understand the outcome of the effort.
How to Apply
- Complete and sign the application form with original signatures.
- The application is designed to be typed – please do so for ease of review.
- Literacy Grant money will be mailed to the recipient clubs before December 1.
- Return Literacy Grant application via email to: Brian Barstead at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applying for a grant does not guarantee approval.
- Decisions of the District Literacy Committee are final.
- Applications available now
- Applications due by October 31, 2023
- Grants will be announced by November 15, 2023
- Money will be sent to the clubs by November 30, 2023
- Final Report is due by July 1, 2024
Literacy Grant Application
- CLICK HERE for 2023-2024 Literacy Grant Application
Should you have any questions, please contact:
District 6460 Literacy Chair