District 6460 Club Grants
The Club Grants Program will provide funding for one-time-only community-service projects that involve the active, personal participation of Rotarians. The projects should serve as a means of enhancing the community and/or improving lives of the less fortunate where Rotary clubs are present.
If your club would like to undertake a local project, CLICK HERE to access the online form. All submissions will be time stamped and must be received before end of day August 15. A copy of your submission will be sent to you via email.
The Club Grants Committee will consider all applications received and expects to make funding decisions by mid-September. Grant awards will be announced via email as soon afterwards as practical, and projects should not start before awards are announced.
Requests for Club Grant Awards must meet the following criteria:
- The maximum grant award varies from year-to-year. Club presidents and presidents-elect will be notified of the amount in the last quarter of the Rotary year preceding the funding year.
- Projects should correspond with at least one of Rotary International’s seven Areas of Focus.
- Participating Rotary clubs are expected to participate financially in their project, either through direct or in-kind contributions.
- Projects must not directly benefit a Rotarian; an employee or a club, district or other Rotary entity or of Rotary International; or a spouse, lineal descendant, spouse of a lineal descendant, or an ancestor of any living Rotarian or Rotary employee.
- Projects must be short-term in nature and must not fund existing or ongoing projects of a Rotary club, district, or outside organization. Grants may not fund operating expenses of another organization. This criterion does not prevent replication of successful projects that will benefit additional communities. Funds must be expended by the Rotary club, not given to another entity to fund the project.
- Projects must be Rotary-sponsored and publicly identified as such.
- Projects must not involve liability on the part of Rotary International District 6460, Rotary International or The Rotary Foundation except to provide the amount of the grant.
- Program funds may not be used to reimburse applicants for projects already initiated or completed.
- Project funds may not be used for travel, salaries, or other administrative overhead costs. Funds may not be used to purchase land or buildings or to construct substantial buildings. Funds must be used in compliance with the Foundation’s policies on construction or renovation.
- Should it be determined by the District that certain expenses were not eligible per the rules of The Rotary Foundation, the club will be required to refund those amounts.
Projects must be completed by May 15 of the Rotary year in which funding is received. A project completion report is due the earlier of sixty days after project completion or May 15 of the same year.
The project report should include:
- A detailed report of all expenses.
- Copies of receipts for all items purchased.
- An account of Rotarian participation in the implementation of the grant.
CLICK HERE to submit the project report.
- Club Grant Application Form due: August 15, 2023
- Club Grant Project Report Form due: May 15, 2024
Questions and Resources
Should you have any questions, please contact either the District Grants Chair or District Rotary Foundation Chair.
District 6460 Grants Chair
District 6460 Foundation Chair
You can learn about successful community projects and grants in the Learning Center at my.rotary.org.